Perform 25 burpees … rest for 30 seconds. Repeat 5 more times for a total of 125. First 3 sets were ok for me. Next 3 I had to rest between 45 and 60 seconds. My heart was nicely pounding at the end of 6 rounds! In and out of the gym in less than 30 minutes. – it’s a killer routine.
If you are new to burpees, here’s how it’s done …
- Start in a standing position
- Do a squat while positioning your arms for a push up
- Kick your legs back (your body is now in a upper push up position)
- Return your legs in the squat position right away
- From the squat position jump up as high as you can
Burpees can be performed with variations given your level of fitness. For example you can cut out the “Jump” part when you are first starting out. Likewise you can cut out the “Pushup” part. This routine is performed at a fast pace but don’t sacrifice form for speed. Enjoy!
Here’s a video for additional reference.
After workout dinner:
Grilled chicken breast (organic, air chilled, humanely raised)
Sweet potato, Brussel Sprouts
Provenance 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon.
Have a great weekend everybody!